Prof. Dr. Wolfram Wrabetz is a Honorary Professor for Commercial Law and Insurance Law at the House of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt.
He is a representative of the Federal State of Hesse for the Insurance Sector, and Deputy President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Frankfurt am Main.
He started his career in different leading positions with the Swiss Insurance Group Helvetia, Directorate for Germany. In 1986 he became a Member of the Executive Board in Helvetia Life Plc and in 1989 he joined the Management Board of the Helvetia Directorate for Germany. Since 1995, he has been active as CEO of Helvetia Germany and between 1998 and 2015 a member of the management board of the Helvetia Group, Switzerland.
After his vocational education as an insurance broker, he studied Management Sciences and Law (Degrees: Dipl.- Betriebswirt und Assessor jur.). He did his doctorate and received his law certification at Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Honorary General Counsel of the Republic of Ecuador until 2015
- Member of the Private Clients Executive Committe and the Private Clients Experts Committee, German Insurance Association (GDV); president of the Legal Committee, German Insurance Association (GDV) until 2015
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Insurance Sector, Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) until 2011
- Chairman of the Board of Identity Trust Management AG, Düsseldorf
- Member of the Counsel of Extremus Insurance ltd., Köln